The Power of forgiveness
Human makes mistake and humans should learn to correct it. However, whether the culprit wants to correct it or not, you should have a big heart to forgive and forget that mistake. Some mistakes are hard to forgive but keeping that in our mind will not only frustrate us but will affect us from doing great works.
There are so many perceptions of people about forgiveness. Some term it as a motive to preserve self-forgiveness whereas some term it as just a way to erase out the past. This does not mean you consented to what transpired. It is just a simple process to let go of hatred inside you rather than letting it eat you from inside.
Forgiveness does not erase the past but it is a way to look upon our past with compassion so the power of forgiveness is it teaches compassion within us. Either forgiving others or forgive yourself, you must make your ways clear and does not let your emotions come between the path of distinguishing right and wrong. To forgive someone means to free your heart, soul, and you never should cage your heart and soul. By holding the pain inside yourself, you suffer because the sorrow is intensified to keep it alive. The resentment will kill you from inside.
When you forgive someone, you recharge your body. Not every person who comes into our life will spread it with positivity. Some are in our lives to make it worst also. Almost every one of us has experienced being wrong by someone. It could be anyone including our spouses, family members, friends, or even strangers. Forgiving a wrong person is never easy but stressing and dwelling over those events will fill your mind with negativity and won’t let you do better ahead of time.
From two types of forgiveness; decisional and emotional, decisional forgiveness is a conscious choice to put goodwill in front of ill will and emotional forgiveness is a move to get far with negativity and no longer dwell over unnecessary things. Practicing any type of forgiveness will benefit our health. The benefits and power of forgiveness and its practice are :
- Forgiveness is associated with lower levels of depression, anxiety, and hostility; reduced substance abuse; higher self-esteem; and greater life satisfaction.
- It helps to clear our minds for new ideas and skills.
- It helps for good sleep improving our heart system.
- It helps to boost our immune power making us both physically and mentally strong.
- It is an emotional feeling so overcoming and winning the ill will by forgetting others will also make us emotionally strong and stable.
Steps of forgiveness
When we are hurt by someone, especially by those whom we love or have high expectations with can cause sadness and confusion. Both sadness and confusion will help to grow a person’s grudge inside our hearts. These grudges will allow negative feelings to overcome positive feelings which will fill our hearts with resentment, vengeance, and hostility. All of these things are sure to affect us and our health. So instead of keeping personal grudges with someone, be a bigger person with a bigger heart and forgive them. It’s an act not only for them but also for you. The power of Forgiveness builds a commitment to yourself that you care about yourself. So think about your being and take action.
The steps of achieving the power of forgiveness are mentioned here
- Acknowledging the cause of why you are hurt is most. Ask yourself, ” can they hurt you this easily?”,” Why are you this sad?” And ” what is the context of this situation?”
- Think how this hurt has affected you. Whether you decide to forgive that person or not, first think about what can be the consequences if you will keep grudges with yourself forever.
- Accepting that you can’t change the past is a prominent key to forgive someone. What’s done is done. No matter how hard you stress about things, they are not going to change.
- Learn what forgiveness is. Today someone did wrong with you. Someone you also can be a wrong person. If you want forgiveness tomorrow, you must learn to forgive today.
- Be a bigger person and forgive the person who wronged you.
So, the power of Forgiveness is, it’s a key to success. Learn it and implement it.
To read more blog post click here