Spinal Care Package in Ayurveda. Back pain is a common problem nowadays and spinal issues are the leading causes of back pain.
Osteoporosis is one of the most common spine issues in older adults. It refers to weakened bones due to a lower bone mass. Weakened bones in the spine become brittle and damaged, which can lead to fractures, collapsed vertebrae, and a hunched posture.
The muscles surrounding your spine can become strained and tight as a result of overuse, tension, and poor posture/positions. This might cause discomfort and tension in your neck and back.
Scoliosis is a condition in which the spine bends or curves abnormally. Around 9 million Americans are affected by this illness, which can range from mild to severe. Scoliosis is most commonly diagnosed during childhood or adolescence.
The vertebrae are the bones that make up the spine. Between each bone, discs serve as cushions. The padding in a disc has changed and is bursting out of its casing when it becomes herniated. While some ruptured discs cause no symptoms, they can often obstruct spinal nerves. This can result in a variety of symptoms, such as:
- Aches and pains in the arms and legs
A quick jerking or motion of the head causes whiplash, which is a neck injury. The neck muscles may be strained as a result of this abrupt and uncomfortable movement. It can also harm the neck’s intervertebral joints, discs, and ligaments.
The sciatic nerve extends all the way down your leg from your lower back. Sciatica is a condition in which sciatic nerve injury causes pain, numbness, or paralysis in the lower back that spreads down the leg. A narrowed spine compressing the nerve, a herniated disc, or a bone spur are all possible causes of nerve injury.
We’ve all heard of arthritis, but most people associate it with problems with the hands and limbs. Arthritis, or joint inflammation, can affect any part of the body and can even cause problems with the spine. The cartilage and joints in the spine degrade, causing irritation and pain. Bone spurs and nerve damage are other possible side effects.
Spinal Care Package in Ayurveda
- Kati Vasti: The Sanskrit terms ‘Kati’ and ‘Vasti’ combine to form the phrase Kati Vasti. The literal meanings of Kati and Vasti are ‘low back’ and ‘to hold.’ So, from a medicinal standpoint, it’s a local oleation therapy that involves medicated oil pooling over the lower back. Its main benefits are
- Tingling and numbness in the lower back area are relieved.
- It helps to relieve lower back discomfort
- Lower back stiffness is relieved, and mobility is improved.
- Improves blood circulation in the low back region.
- The irritated nerves supplied by the lumbosacral vertebrae are soothed.
- The tissues are nourished, and the back muscles are strengthened.
- Greeva Vasti: Greeva Vasti is a variety of vasti. Greeva is a synonym for the word neck. Vasti is a group of oil pools, as previously stated. Greeva vasti is a comparable method to Kati vasti. Rather than being retained in the back, the oil is held on the neck with the help of a dough border. This is beneficial for stiff necks and jaws, torticollis, cervical spondylitis, and upper limb radiculopathy.
- Swedana: It aids in the liquefaction of Dosha, which aids in the elimination of Srotas. Pizhiccil, Avagaha Sweda, Nadi Sweda, Patrapinda Sweda, Pinda Sweda, and Upanaha Sweda are some of the numerous types of Swedana techniques that can be used to treat back pain. Baluka Sweda is favored for Vatakaphaja Gridhrasi.