What is Udvartana Therapy?
Dincharya and ritucharya are day and night routines in Ayurvedic practice. Dincharya is significantly more extensive and comprises of numerous measures to do in order to live a healthy and disease-free life. We would learn a little more about udvartana in Ayurveda, which is generally known as herbal powder massage therapy in Ayurveda, as one of several parts of dincharya.
This therapy offers various advantages, including weight loss and diabetes control. This udvartana therapy is now an exclusive feature of different salon slimming packages and has demonstrated excellent effects.
The name Udvartana in Ayurveda has a a substantial meaning. Urdhava means to raise anything. Herbal massage is performed in a traditional manner in udvart treatment.
In Ayurveda, regular massage is known as abhyanga. Udvartana, on the other hand, has its own exercise strategy that focuses on areas that need to lose those additional inches and approves the doshas (vata,pitta, and kapha) to regulate diabetic symptoms.
The Advantages of Udvartana Therapy
- It aids in the opening of the strotas in order to maintain good blood flow circulation and lymphatic fluid flow.
- It is absorbed through the skin and permits dosha that are linked to the inner mucosal lining to be cleansed. The unattached dosha is subsequently expelled from the body via Vamana and virechan.
- It reduces the risk of disease in the body.
- Subsides cause itchiness, irritation, and hypersensitivity.
- Prevents bad odours and gives the body a sensation of freshness.
- It facilitates the lubricating of medha dhatu, the day deposit over the tissues.
- It improves the body’s complexion and adds gloss to it.
Conditions that have benefited by udvartana therapy
- Udvartana is used to control fat deposition.
- Exfoliation is used to exfoliate dead skin cells.
- To regulate glycemic index
- Skin diseases caused by bacteria
- a lack of vitality or physical activity
- Symptomatic treatment is available for certain neuromuscular illnesses.
- Menstrual pain in the lower abdomen
- While moving, it relieves joint pain and stiffness
- For the appearance of smooth and healthy skin
Udvartana comes in two miscellanies
- Snigdha udavartana
- Ruksha udvartana
- Snigdha udarvatana is recommended for people who have a high vaat dosha. Increased vaayu manifests itself in a variety of ways, including skin dryness, heel cracking, joint stiffness, and so on. People who live in dry or desert areas typically have vaayu dosha. Snigdha udarvatana therapy consists of combining oil, ghee, or lipids with herbal powder. The herbal powder could be cooked with oil or ghee and used as a paste. Massage is effective in either case if done on a regular basis. The oil most commonly recommended for udarvatana therapy is seaseme oil (sarso oil), but almond oil or even coconut oil would suffice.
- Ruksha udvartana is typically recommended for people who have a kapha dosha imbalance. Obesity with a high level of fat deposition is caused by an increase in kapha dosha. These accumulated lipids cause a variety of health problems, including lethargy, a poor metabolic rate, water retention, and many others.
Kapha buildup forms a mucus block that obstructs many channels.
These kapha doshas must be controlled and cared for both outwardly and inside. Ruksha udvartana, is an intriguing udvartana therapy which has no oil, ghee, or other fatty ingredients, and is recommended for external use. The medicinal herbal powder itself is utilised for massage and skin exfoliation. It generates heat on the skin’s outer surface, which is subsequently transported to the inner lining dosha, allowing them to loosen up.
Rock salt, Himalayan salt, triphala churna, gramme flour, rice flour, and other herbal powders with therapeutic characteristics are commonly used this udvartana therapy.
Obesity is not an illness, but rather a collection of common signs and symptoms that have an adverse impact on our mental, physical, and social behaviour. Along with physical hurdles such as poor energy, abnormal weight issues, an unhealthy diet, and an irregular menstrual cycle, there are also mental and emotional obstacles that one may face.
Massage, also known as udvartana therapy, helps the dosha within the body to be dislodged through continual rubbing strokes. The static doshas relaxes and enter a moving state. The kapha dosha in the body is chiefly responsible for weight growth. This kapha dosha merges with vaat dosha and travels throughout the body. To eliminate the dosha from the body, virechan and vamana karma are performed following udvartana therapy. Using moderate laxatives or purgatives can assist.
Udvartana improves general metabolism by reviving the Agni of the human body, which is dhatuvagni and Jataragni, which aids in the execution of numerous processes. It stimulates blood circulation and transports oxygen to every inch of the body, letting it to light and glow.
Diabetes is a condition where your body doesn’t produce adequately insulin, or it creates too much insulin. When these hormone levels are out of balance, you may experience symptoms such as frequent urination, blurred vision and extreme thirst.
Diabetic individuals have a set of symptoms that must be treated in addition to sugar levels. The most crucial factor is to reduce kapha dosha. Udvartana therapy removes dosha from collected areas, allowing the body to cleanse. Regular udvartana, which offers strength to the body, may help to reduce lethargy caused by elevated sugar levels.
Because of udvartana treatment, oxygen is distributed throughout the body while maintaining a low glycemic index. Diabetes can be caused by a combination of genetic and lifestyle factors.
In all circumstances, the only thing that needs to be done is to control the symptoms in order to live a healthy life. Following the Ayurvedic regimen, also known as dincharya, is extremely useful to living a disease-free life.
According to Ayurveda, udvartana therapy provides both exterior and interior benefits in the human body. Herbal massage should be observed on a regular basis. The medications utilised typically have ushna potency as well as qualities that preserve kapha and aam dosha while lowering medha and Mansa dhatu. Elevation of these dhatus and doshas all combined leads to diabetes and obesity.
The herbal powder utilised has a rejuvenating influence on the body, providing nutrition and attentiveness. It improves the natural shine and smoothness of the skin’s surface.
All in all, performing udvartana treatment is a a healthful way to enjoy life and stay fit.