Legs-Up the Wall Pose (Viparita Karani Asana)
Viparita Karani Asana(Legs-Up the Wall Pose) comes from two Sanskrit words Viparita and Karani Viparita mean the reversed or backward and Karani means doing something. This yoga gives us mental and physical relaxation.
Learn 6 Steps of Viparita Karani Asana
- Prepare yourself near the wall.
- Then bring your both legs to the wall straight and be relaxed.
- Try to touch the wall by your hips.
- Your body makes the L shape.
- Concentrate on the parts of your body where there is pressure and on your breathing.
- Now, slowly take your legs on the ground and relax.
Health Benefits of Legs-Up the Wall Pose (Viparita Karani Asana)
- It reduces the pain of our legs.
- It helps to be free from the pain of our lower back.
- It increases our immune system.
- It strengthens our nervous system.
- It helps us to be calm and peaceful.
Avoid this pose
If you are in the menstruation period, you have to avoid this pose.
If you have the serious eye problem, you don’t have to do this yoga.
If you have the pain in your neck and back, you have to avoid this pose.