Revolved Chair Pose (Parivrtta Utkatasana)
In Sanskrit ‘Utkatasana’ means intense, fierce, furious, frightening, wild, or heavy. ‘Parivritta’ means revolved or twisted.
Steps of Revolved Chair Pose:
- Bend knees, with a long inhalation, stretch both hands upwards. The thighs should be about parallel to the ground.
- Exhaling, bring both hands in front of the chest joining palms ( in a Namaskar Mudra)
- Twist the body and hook an elbow on the opposite knee. Twist your head upwards.
- Stay in the pose 1-3 minutes. If you close your eyes and observe the breaths, it gives more benefits (of meditation too).
- Repeat the process on the other side as well.
Health Benefits of Parivrtta Utkatasana(Revolved Chair Pose)
- Release the tension from the mind and body.
- Boosts confident level.
- Improves breathing, cultivates internal heat.
- Promotes the sense of groundedness.
- Stimulates abdominal organ and heart.
- Detoxify body and increases positiveness of thought.
- It enhances digestion and metabolism.
This pose is not ideal for the person suffering from insomnia, headache. Low B.P., ankle or knee injury.
- Proper guidance is required for the shoulder injury and low back pain.
- It should not be attempted for a pregnant woman.