What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy is the system of treatment in which unhealthy person is cured with the use of natural material like soil, water, air etc. It mainly focuses that a body has its own ability to cure the disease. Naturopathy helps to remove the toxin substance from the body to keep healthy as well as increase the immunity power of the body to fight against the disease. It is drugless (use of the drugs in a small amount), use the natural resources for the prevention of the body and help to maintain the body healthy physically, mentally, socially and spiritually.
Naturopathy mainly follows two Basic principles
- Foreign matter Theory
- Vitality Theory.
1. Foreign Matter Theory of Naturopathy
According to foreign matter theory all the disease that occur in the body is due to the deposition of foreign particles in the body through our food, habitat, and many more. So Naturopathy says that removable of all those foreign particles from the body then the body gets the healthy condition.
2. Vitality Theory of Naturopathy
According to vitality theory, the human body has its self-healing powers and self-development and growth powers so these power should increase to fight with the foreign particles that cause the disease in the human body.
So According to naturopaths, the five great elements are used to remove the foreign matter and enhance vitality.
Treatment approaches according to Naturopathy.
- Try to minimize the causative agent of the disease and help to minimize the symptoms.
- It provides education and encouragement to the patient and healthy both for the responsibility to care for their physical, mental and social health aspect.
- Whole-body treatment like physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, social etc. of the patient and environmental relation between patient and disease.
- It helps to purify the toxin present in the body and also help to elimination and restore the health status of the patient.
- Helps to prevent the body from the disease and mainly focus on the disease stage or condition, rather than its sign and symptoms.
Treatment Modalities of the Naturopathy
Five Element of Nature
- Prithivi (Earth)
- Jala (Water)
- Vayu (Air)
- Agni (Fire)
- Yoga and Exercise therapy
- Nutrition counselling, including dietary changes
- Acupuncture/ Acupressure
- Physiotherapy of different body parts.
- Herbal medicine and its uses.
- Lifestyle counselling.
Naturopathy is the treatment technique in which natural materials which are easily available in the surrounding for the treatment of the patient. It also provides the knowledge for the preventive and curative measure to keep our own body healthy. It treats the patient disease according to the stage of the disease (chronic or acute) and maintains the health of the healthy person. Cure the patient through nature is the base of the Naturopathy treatment.